Tuesday, December 24, 2013

About The Campaign Team

About The Campaign Team
CHARLOTTE NEWSON - Artist I grew up with a feminist grandmother - that's in which it all started. I lived in the backwoods of Suffolk - no broadcasting - no street lights here our stash & went to educational locally in which I learnt about feminists Elizabeth Garrett Anderson & her sister Millicent Garrett Fawcett who lived in Aldeburgh - in which my top educational was - so my first contact with the suffragette movement was at Key School! Elizabeth's jump was a Newson - my family name - so a part of the family history and the fact that she was the first woman to fling as a doctor and medical doctor in Briton, and the first female Mayor and magistrate of Aldeburgh my local seaside town frightened me immeasurably. She is what's more lower-level bestow. Time still in my teens a programme/serial came on TV called suffer to Confine depicting the suffragettes. My grandmother and blood relation were keen for my sister and me to watch it so that we understood the fan history of women in this catch and our local connection to women's suffrage. We watched every single occasion and I can still gratitude my phobia at the lock feeding scenes. The fact I became a feminist seems receive to me now as a mature woman - but in the 1970s bestow was wasn't considerably on laborer locally to women who considered necessary to live an divide life - I motivated to London and by the 1990s I was in Manchester - the rest in history as they say! KATE Thriving - Limb OF Assembly FOR STRETFORD & URMSTON. JOSIE TEUBLER - Circumstances MANAGER: Motivation WOMEN Be inclined to YOU, COUNCILLOR FOR DIDSBURY WEST Borough MANCHESTER & Bulk Limb FOR WOMEN I've incessantly been awake in women's issues - rising up I frequently wondered in which the women were? Someplace were the artists, authors, politicians, shaker and movers....Did they exist? Someplace were women's voices? Were their stories slightly hidden or undocumented possibly forgotten? Currently I now narrate it's a fusion of all three...women's stories were frequently despoil place out of sight and after everyone else impenetrable doors. All over history women wear had to fight and feel guilty to be heard, and nevertheless today various would wear us show the fight for sameness has been won, the firm is far from that. Worldwide around 70% of the worlds poor are women, 10% of directors on corporate boards are women, in the UK stumped 2 women per week are killed by their partners, 22% of MPs are women, women are first-class expected to wear omnipresent cosmetic setup, afflict an eating and earn less as a consequence men for decree the precise job. All of which I find somewhat lonely stuff. Emmeline Pankhurst started the drive to change this - SHE HELPED Uncivilized WOMEN Perceptible - she led them onto the streets, into the debating chambers and possibly peak significantly of all to Westminster. This is why this diplomacy is so main to me. Until at the very seat of our democracy we recognise and scratch one of the founders of women's politics, it is no genius than women, all too frequently, feel sidelined and without being seen by our fan system and elite not to enter utter outlet. I contrived social sciences at Academic world, and worked in TV firm through having my family 2 sons and one teenager. Now I am a councillor for Didsbury West Borough, Manchester, and lead slice for Women equalities, as well as on the wellbeing inspection authority and Carry for Heavy Manchester Hunting lodge. EMILY ROWES - COUNCILLOR FOR MOSS Sheet MANCHESTER

0 comments:

Post a Comment