Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Exploring Submodalities

Exploring Submodalities
"Have you ever been terrified of someone, but you had to meet them everyday?""Have you ever loved something or someone, but had to let go and move on?""Have you ever wanted to enjoy something, but you just couldn't? " What comes to mind when you think about "broccoli"? A green vegetable? Healthy eating? Maybe one time that your mother forced you to eat it before leaving the table? Nothing at all? When I discovered that broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables we can eat, I had a problem: I didn't like it! As one comedian phrased it, "Broccoli's a side dish, folks. Always was, always will be, OK!" I "wanted" to like broccoli. To crave it the way that I craved chocolate. But there just didn't seem to be any way to change it. Until I discovered submodalities. Through exploring submodalities, I discovered that the way that I thought of broccoli was very different from the way I thought of chocolate. And that by changing those submodalities, I could change the way I felt so much so that I came to "love" broccoli, and still do today! WHAT ARE SUBMODALITIES? I'm glad you asked! Submodalities are the attributes of our internal representations. If you could imagine an imagine, maybe of someone or something you like, you might notice: Is the imagine in colour? Is the image straight ahead or off to the side? How large is the image? Beyond broccoli, I used submodalities to change how much sugar I wanted to have in my coffee. How I felt about memories. Even how I felt about people - just imagine if the person that used to annoy you and get in your way could suddenly be someone you felt neutral about? With submodalities, I helped a young woman put traumatic experiences and painful memories into the past instead where they belong, instead of continually getting in the way. With submodalities, you can powerfully and directly change how you think and feel about almost anything. They've been around since the early days of NLP, with Richard Bandler being particularly well-known for using them. We are going to explore how submodalities affect us, and some simple ways that you can change use them to create changes immediately. Exploring Submodalitiesin Shanghai with NLP Trainer, Daniel Smith 31 March - from 7pm - 100RMB (for venue hire) Please register below for further details: [contact-form-7]

Source: dating-coach-anita.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment