Sunday, March 22, 2015

By Paula

By Paula
I have had this experience before. I dated a guy who was all about talking consistently and spending time on the phone and texting, etc. However, we saw each other about every three weeks if that - It was very odd to me. I didn't stop the rest of my life. After a few months I did take the initiative and questioned what it was about and didn't get much of a response - He didn't seem to have a direct answer. So, I ended it. He seemed more offended and hurt by rejection rather than pushing back and fighting for me and clarifying his intentions. Oh well

While each person is different, my sense is that some guys lack the confidence in themselves to be able to participate in a full blown relationship. They enjoy having "someone" with whom to check in and enjoy a bit of communication and affection, but won't take it to another level. As an alpha female (who would like to be less alpha), I think that some guys feel that we are a bit out of their league in some ways, but get a lot of energy from us. I think some know that long-term that some of their ways won't fly with us.

It does take skill to establish and maintain meaningful connection. You never know what someone's track record might be and what that may mean to current situation. I agree with Evan about women hanging back a bit and letting things play out. That he woman can say "yes" if she chooses to what gets presented but not push. People are always telling us about themselves through their actions.

Credit: lay-reports.blogspot.com

1 comment: