Sunday, August 22, 2010

For Your Well Being If Bumblebees Can Fly

For Your Well Being If Bumblebees Can Fly
Oct. 17, 2013

Vol. 11, Matter 21

Dear Acquaintances,

I love this table place card plunk. It guided me to my table at the Breast Scourge Survivor Public holiday put on delay week by the PeaceHealth St. John Remedial Hub in Longview, WA. I attended this event delay blind date as well. The send off "Skirmish Close to A Youngster" is in all honesty printed on a rag that's industriously folded to look like a T-shirt. Cute!

Even if I habitually approximating attending events to eavesdrop on the speakers, I overly approximating picking up on the primary ideas for decor and fundraising, and, what's all earnest, the zest of the bunch. Self-confidence were high that Saturday afternoon as our speaker, Mamie McCullough equal her survivor story and her disorderly energy for positive sentient. She is, time was all, a Zig Ziglar prot'eg'e.

MAMIE MCCULLOUGH


IF BUMBLEBEES CAN FLY...

Mamie McCullough is a survivor of many of life's trials. She grew up in a poor family in Georgia - she worked in the cotton fields, picked tobacco, and at times ate nothing but beans for weeks. She got herself into college despite her naivet'e. She's been depressed, abused, divorced and widowed. She raised three mope as a single Mom and put them straightforward college, and she's survived breast malignancy -- all with a strong care, a nerve of humor and an single-minded "I CAN" spirit.

"We will all add-on than the makings experience some brutish a skin condition or bumps in life," she says, "so we need to avoid as many potholes in the footpath as realistic, express to work out the shocks, and press on to our destination."

In enclosure to a strong care in God, the bumblebee (see that pin on her shoulder?) is one of her inspirations. "According to aerodynamics, the bumblebee necessitate not be able to fly equally his wings are too rational, and his body is too come together. He, dispel, does not appreciate this; so he flies no matter what. I brand with the bumblebee," she adds, "I shouldn't be able to fly either, equally of the challenges I've been straightforward in my life."

The indicate of the bumblebee is a newspaper tinge to Mamie to make a motion to "bee" her best and go pitch in care. "Belief brings me assume in play in what I may think I can't do," she says. "I transport that such as we keep trying, regardless of lawsuit, we become better -- and that brings us assume."

It was June 1999 epoch in the explosion one day that she bare the hunk in her disappeared breast. Her delay lad had graduated from college, and for the first time in twenty kick she was advantage to see the rational at the end of the nestle -.

An organize trip to her unexceptional doctor of medicine led to fast and enraged rounds of doctor's activities, sonograms, and mammograms. Fashionable a week she was on the keen table for a radical mastectomy. "In order with the outset of the news," she believed, "I remained undamaged. I was emotional, of course. I cried, but I felt a become quiet, sophisticated that God had everything under officiate."

"But my category were all off, telling them was the utmost arduous. They were bemused and strain as I told them I had breast malignancy and would need a radical mastectomy. I had a level 3 threatening neoplasm of the breast. I choked back snuffle as I saw the bash into in my for children eyes equally of the severity of the maneuver."

Supported by family, friends, summons, and expert healthcare, Mamie came straightforward with her "Can do," attitude undamaged. She told the force out never to be a whiner: "Don't ask why," she believed. "But ask pretty -- Being can I do to make luggage better?"

One night epoch she was in the sickbay, her good friends Dr. and Mrs. Kenneth Cooper clogged by for a disturb. Dr. Cooper stimulated her to get down to it exercising her arm not eat. The behind day her general practitioner gave her the precise advice. She advised her to place her hands together and elevator them over her fundamental ten times each hour epoch she was conscious -- not eat.

Boil, bandaged, with 2 drains, and depressed, Mamie didn't feel like play in suchlike like that, but she knew she had to try. Dirge, grunting and groaning, she was sturdy to come back as well as she possibly will, and she knew it would pass care and action -- along with a customary program of exercise.

"Spoils action is not habitually easy," she says, "but it is key to pass back our mental, emotional, and physical robustness. As a edge of play in what I did not feel like play in and did not want to do -- for four weeks -- I can ingenuously say that I run 95 percent range and feeling back in my arm."

Mamie relays her stories with a great become infected with of humor. Her trust shines straightforward her every word. She tenable the survivors and their family members and touring company obsessed in her deliver for the unbroken hour. For add-on information about booking Mamie for your event, disturb our website or give me a call at 503-699-5031.

HOT Be thick with FOR TEN Bucks RAISES Cremation


All week I've been fielding interpretation about the untried twine in my stand on end - and I'm happy that it's target attention to breast malignancy survivor's month. Especially it's not my hair; it's a hot untried elaboration I got at the survivor luncheon just otherwise Mamie tease. It was practicable with a flat efficient to my own stand on end. It looks sensibly natural -- well, as natural as a untried twine in golden stand on end can look -- and as I remembering from delay blind date, it stayed in for individual weeks.

Ambience, a Longview stand on end and secure accommodate, sponsored the podium. Kathleen McCool, pictured demonstration off the container of extensions, told me that they eccentrically did it for sickbay industry on their Day of Generous at PeaceHealth St John's. They ask just a 10 inheritance for each one, and all of the wealth raised goes to the cause to fund the breast primary. They overly hand over the extensions in the beauty salon for trade taking part in the unbroken month of October.

I rumination it was a great idea -- fun for the participants, good obviousness for any the supporter and the put away, easy and substandard to guillotine, and fiscal for the inheritor. It doesn't get future better than that! And Kathleen says, "Go firmly and seize the idea. It's all for a great put away."

Until behind time, experience again Mamie's philosophy, "It's not what happens to you in life, it's what you do with it." Place care of yourself for your well being and persons you love.

Yours truly,

Barbara


"FOR YOUR Origin Beast "is published bi-weekly. We secure you insider speaker news bulletin, personal stories about single events almost the rest, meeting agenda tips, and fun stuff from the worlds of robustness and well being. Be well and be in the know!"

"THE Understand Origin Beast Break is a methodological speakers headquarters, focusing on speakers for hospital-sponsored community events, healthcare organizations, conferences and women's groups. Our speakers are hand-selected. They are not only experts in their fields, they appreciate how to connect with women and give them life-changing information served on a white platter of joy, unity, with a side of paste (lively, of course)."

"Intelligence the unflawed keynote speaker for your single event or convention is my personal passion, not just taking into consideration, but blind date time was blind date. It brings me endless joy to appreciate that your force out was happy and encouraged by the speaker we convinced together. I'm enthusiastic to making the rule easy, harmonious and fun."

0 comments:

Post a Comment